- Operation similar to chisel plough – but different goals.
- Used to ‘Complete’ Tillage operations.
- Works near the surface and disturbs the sol in careful pattern by producing staggering pattern.
- Stir and pulverize the soil. (aerate the soil – before planting; weed control – after planting)
- Preparation of proper seedbed, burying the crop residue, warming the soil.
- Mix and incorporate the soil to ensure growing crop has enough water and nutrition.
- Consequently cultivating takes less power per shank than chisel plough.